Location: EMEA, Remote - Romania, Bulgaria or Serbia
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
The Edge Services team at GoDaddy is responsible for developing and managing GoDaddy's edge networks & content delivery. Our projects are used by hundreds of applications & engineers across all of GoDaddy's product teams to aid in their mission of helping our small business customers start, grow and run their ventures. We are looking for a strong Software Engineer with an interest in reliability, automation, & cloud infrastructure to join our team and help deliver a best-in-class experience to GoDaddy engineers and customers.
As a developer on the Edge Services team you will participate in developing features and developer tooling for our edge networks & content delivery for hundreds of engineers across all of GoDaddy's product teams. You will have the opportunity to help drive and own large initiatives as we maintain our focus on quality and performance for our downstream teams.
Projects past and present include, but are not limited to: deploying network routing layers using Envoy, extending Envoy and Istio with filters - written in Rust - compiled to Web Assembly (WASM), improving how we manage our CDNs such as Akamai & CloudFront.
In addition to our Edge Services, we like to contribute our experience widely. Many of our team members participate in internal "Guilds" and special interest groups as well as external meetups and conferences, giving presentations on their technical expertise.
Your experience should include...
- AWS experience and/or managing cloud automation such as: building Docker containers or AMIs, creating and deploying CloudFormation stacks, deploying static sites to cloud storage, etc.
- Using git and git-based workflows
- Working with highly agile development teams
- Writing great code and creating unit and integration tests that prove it
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of English – both written and spoken
You might also have...
- Experience working with automating configuration in edge providers such as Akamai, Fastly, AWS CloudFront, etc.
- Experience working with administering & extending open source reverse proxies with large ecosystems: HAProxy, nginx, Envoy, Varnish, ATS, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in DevOps - considered a plus
- Experience targeting Web Assembly and WASM runtime.
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs, especially in Node.js
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, hashicorp, etc.
- Contributed to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.