At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
Join our team
Our core Applied Machine Learning team utilizes large-scale data to power various business areas, and our goal is to create cohesive navigation experience across channels and web pages, to help simplify and enhance the shopping experience for everyday entrepreneurs across the world to quickly find what they need on our website. We will roll up our sleeves to build best-in-class of personalization and recommender system to offer most relevant products and prices at the right time.
Your contributions will affect millions of our customers and will have a direct impact on our business results. Our team's projects include use machine learning algorithms to guide capital allocation among marketing channels and leverage dynamic pricing and convex optimization to boost growth across multiple products and multiple business units. GoDaddy has deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your real passion for the cutting-edge machine learning algorithms has the power to unlock tangible business growth.
What you'll get to do...
- You can articulate and understand a business problem, identify challenges, formulate the ML problem and provide/prototype solutions
- You will provide technical leadership, identify and understand key business challenges and opportunities, and develop end-to-end software solutions using ML.
- You will collaborate extensively with internal partners, program management, and engineering team to ensure that solution meet business needs, permit valid inferences and have functional feasibility.
- You will collect and process large volumes of data; build new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage.
- You will communicate results in a comprehensible manner to all levels of the company.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with other team members
Your experience should include...
- MS in computer science or equivalent quantitative fields.
- 3+ years’ experience in an industry role in Machine Learning.
- 2+ years’ experience of working with live data (data cleaning, data visualization and modeling)
- Hands-on experience with Deep Neural Network technologies
- Strong experience with Python
- Strong algorithm design experience
- Passion for solving interesting and meaningful real-world problems using principled techniques and practices
- Embrace for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with documenting, synthesizing, and communicating results.
You might also have...
- A strong background in both machine learning (PhD preferred) and software development
- programming skills in at least one low level language like C++/Java
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience with AWS
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.