Location Details: EMEA, remote - Spain, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help accelerate GoDaddy's cloud journey. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage the latest tools, technologies and processes on a built from the ground up cloud platform that serves as the foundation of many of GoDaddy's services.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work in a scrum team developing solutions that will help drive developer efficiency and productivity while maintaining security and governance. This is a highly visible role that will lead key design decisions on many of the company's tougher on-prem to cloud migration services. You will develop applications, tools, and solutions end-to-end. You will have an opportunity to define your own APIs, choose the appropriate compute types, leverage the most suitable databases, and build solutions that span globally into many geographical regions. Come join our high-impact team of dedicated engineers and help shape the success of our cloud journey.
- Act as the subject matter expert within and outside the team in multiple technical domains
- Provide guidance, best practices, tools, and patterns to the wider GoDaddy developer community to facilitate migrations off of on-prem technologies
- Write a highly scalable, highly available, proxy application
- Leverage load testing and chaos engineering to build more resilient applications
- Test code via system, functional and unit tests
- Maintain on-premises source code, package management, and custom API services
- Mentor junior engineers on architecture, design, and coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years industry experience in a Site Reliability Engineer role and building large scale distributed applications or solutions
- Must have good experience in Python programming language
- 1+ years of Cloud computing experience using publicly available services
- Strong foundation in data structures, software designs, micro services, and containers
- Experience testing and deploying code using CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Artifactory administration and migration
- Experience with GitHub administration and API/app/action/workflow development
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in an Agile development environment
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.