At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
As part of the Managed WooCommerce team at GoDaddy, you’ll work closely with teammates on the engineering and product teams to build fast, secure, and maintainable code in PHP using modern MVC and composability approaches. Our customers are business owners or eCommerce store operators, so it is important to build reliable, iteratable, intuitive experiences that get out of their way, make managing their store fun and approachable, and help them grow their business. You will be responsible for translating product requirements into detailed engineering specs and collaboratively writing code with an engineering team to implement them, along with reviewing your teammates’ work, and constantly improving how we work.
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you will also have the opportunity to mentor & learn from others, improve internal documentation & processes, build enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to teammates
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering
implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Collaborating with other engineering teams across the company on shared projects
Your experience should include...
- Deep competency in Laravel or other MVC based frameworks and philosophies
- Demonstrated experience managing, optimizing and architecting composable, well tested, and
event driven architectures at scale
- The ability to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Proven passion for constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building
meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Being a self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervisio
- Excited to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one
You might also have…
- Experience with Node, AWS services like EventBridge, React or other front-end frameworks
- Experience designing and developing APIs with REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Go or other compiled languages
- Experience with eCommerce (like WordPress / WooCommerce, Shopify, or others)
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs, especially with payments and shipping providers
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.