Join Our Team
Data is the most valuable asset at GoDaddy, and the Data & Analytics organization (DNA) is in the center for building an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform, data services & strategic technologies that drives innovation for our partners and clients, serving as integral platforms for generating revenue and competitive advantages, within GoDaddy and globally.
We are looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team to build the new Customer Signals Platform. Our vision is to empower GoDaddy & GoDaddy customers to leverage data to drive better customer and business outcomes. To support this vision Customer Signals Platform provides data, platform & tools to capture, analyze & activity on customer/user journeys & product events.
Our culture is more like a startup - we will do what is vital to help customers be successful, adapt quickly, and have fun building relevant products and services!
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
As a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer, you will help design and build self-service components of our platforms as well as design & develop the next generation instrumentation frameworks that enable teams across the company & our customers capture & leverage customer/user & product knowledge in their applications & decision-making processes. Some example applications that integrate with our platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their businesses online. If you're interested in working on new platforms leveraging cutting edge technologies, and empowering teams to bring the power of data to our customers' fingertips then this position is for you!
- Work in an agile development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Platform innovation for their customer signals capture & processing needs.
- Implement intuitive, self-service, scalable, highly reliable capabilities in our platform that harnesses GoDaddy’s Data platform vision & capabilities.
- Design and implement features, for both batch and real-time streaming systems, that materially impact GoDaddy customers and business.
- Build clients, agents & SDK’s on various languages & technologies for signal capture.
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source.
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience with excellent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software.
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies.
- Track record of delivering great software with solid test infrastructure, CICD, monitoring and alerting.
- Using database technologies to power platforms or user experiences and/or big data experience.
- Familiar with client-side library/application development for either desktop/web or mobile environments
- Building RESTful APIs.
- Track record of delivering public cloud-based software, preferably on AWS platform.
- Building high performant web client libraries or applications.
- Track record of delivering full stack software or willingness to lean & be a full stack software engineer.
You may also have...
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (preferably AWS - S3, Lambdas, API Gateway, EventBridge etc.).
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, EMR, KDA, Glue, Flink etc.)
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.