At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
You’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a few software engineers to join us in building and improving the domain name experience at GoDaddy. As a software development engineer, you will work on global-facing and highly impactful products ranging from our domain name search engine, domain registration and management, high-scale DNS, the domain name investor experience, and personalization through ML models. We value strong software engineers with experience in micro services, cloud computing, distributed systems, data processing, and a dedicated customer focus. Our software engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their design, code and data quality. If you are a This is a backend engineering role, but we are flexible about the technologies with which you have the most experience. Come shine within a small, high-impact team of dedicated engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest domain name registrar services and largest secondary marketplace.
- Contributing to the development stack from the API through the persistence layer
- Writing highly scalable, highly available, cloud-ready applications
- Using data and analytics to improve the product and customer experience
- Solving end-to-end problems across the service stack
- Accountable for code quality, including writing unit and integration tests
- Be well-versed in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Develop APIs and write code to transform and enrich data in both batch and streaming scenarios
- Working collaboratively<with a distributed team
- Performing code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Leading technical projects through architecture, design, and implementation phases
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of industry experience in a software engineering role and building large scale distributed applications
- Strong experience in a programming language, Java, Python, or Golang, etc
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, micro services, and cloud computing
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- ExtensiveExperience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, where you work interactively in a small team
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon AWS is a plus
- Experience working with containerized solutions
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Experience with Hadoop related technology such as Spark, Hive, and other Big
- Experience with data analytics and machine-learning experience is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch and search technology is a plus
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.