At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
GoDaddy is looking for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer to join our Machine Learning (ML) platform team. We're building self-service ML platform capabilities that empower product teams to build and deploy models that improve GoDaddy experiences
As a Principal ML Engineer, you will help architect and develop our ML Platform that empower teams across the company to enable machine learning in a collaborative and scalable environment. You will define the entire ML user journey including data exploration, model authoring, experimentation, production model training, production deployment and operation. You will also architect and integrate ML with different GoDaddy product and technology stacks. In addition, you will empower data scientists to build and productionize features for ML by extending and scaling GoDaddy’s feature store with hundreds of features for online and offline inference.
What you'll get to do...
- Lead the design and development of the state-of-the-art ML infrastructure that performs automated data retrieval, feature extraction, model training and deployment at scale
- Be an assertive and direct technical leader and be a champion for how we evolve our technical roadmap for the ML infrastructure
- Build and maintain a ML feature store for use across GoDaddy
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require ML solutions
- Design and implement improvements to our batch and real-time data streams that feed the feature store
- Collaborate on a high impact, mission-driven Scrum team
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your code
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree, with excellent computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency in modern programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
- 7+ years of experience in developing and deploying software
- Experience building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies
- Experience with Cloud Technolgies. AWS technologies like Sagemaker, Glue, etc. preferred.
- Experience with large scale data processing systems with Spark
- Passion for building great software with solid test infrastructure
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and help engineers to do the same.
You might also have...
- 3+ years of experience in software design of big-data solutions
- Experience in applied Machine Learning.
- Experience in A/B testing platforms.
- Experience in data engineering and with related technologies, like Airflow.
- Experience in data science and with related technologies, like Hive.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.