At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
The success depends on our product managers pulling together our broader product strategy and the needs of multiple product teams across the company into a coherent roadmap focused on scaling our capabilities and systems, unlocking business potential, or mitigating risks. Those products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance / controllership / risk / security platforms, testing and experimentation infrastructure, to customer service tools and other internal products.
As a Principal Product Manager-GDP Expansion in the GoDaddy Payments and Platform team, you are responsible for onboarding of new International markets and Payment Methods to drive excellence and a world class customer experience for our customers of GoDaddy Payments. In this role, you will not only lead the strategy of GoDaddy Payments beyond US but also act in a project manager capacity to partner with payment vendors and internal leaders to implement and launch the strategies while continuously optimizing the customer’s payment experience. This role will also partner with internal customers to identify points of friction, build a business case, set requirements, and advocate for customer experience improvement projects. This role is required to serve as a hands-on analyst, resolving escalations, gathering data, and driving projects to completion.
What you'll get to do...
- Be a product leader to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders, including teams across software engineering, product management, legal, finance, and core commerce and payments businesses
- Define the strategy and drive the onboarding of new countries in various systems and services - partnering with local business teams in new countries to understand country-specific requirements, and driving implementation with relevant tech team
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational and project reporting to track progress, manage escalations, and continuously drive the organization towards our goals.
- Establish and lead operational workflows and partner programs to enable international expansion
- Understanding and practice with product management methodologies, especially those that support agile software development environments
- Owning key payment metrics with each country launch as well as building templates for reducing time to market for subsequent expansion of GoDaddy Payments
- Driving compliance of new and existing payment processing regulations
- Building and managing relationships with payment providers, card schemes, financial institutions, and internal stakeholders to identify and help drive consumer payment optimization and expansion initiatives
- Leading operational negotiations, where appropriate, with current and potential global payment partners
- Ensuring employees have the tools and training necessary to succeed. Completing standard supervisory responsibilities including, but not limited to, one-on-one’s, team meetings, quality assurance reviews, hiring, terminations, corrective actions, and performance evaluations
Your experience should include...
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of GoDaddy Commerce internal systems.
- 5+ years of prior experience in a payment related field; possessing expert- level industry knowledge of global CNP payment processing recurring billing, and global customer payment preferences with proven experience supporting both cards and alternative payment methods (APMs)
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience with writing functional requirements to create new tools or refine processes/policies.
- Competent delivery of results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior to drive new feature development.
- Ability to build positive long-term relationships with both internal and external partners and influence them to deliver results.
- Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas with technical employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- Experience partnering and negotiating with processors, card brands, and issuers
- Clear, effective communicator experienced with building and maintaining external business relationships while balancing internal stakeholder needs
- Strong project management and collaboration skills to successfully manage projects from end-to-end while delivering quality results within expected timeframes and measuring/communicating the success of outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively multi-task and make data-driven decisions; possessing excellent business/financial analysis skills with the ability to translate identified opportunities into a strategic plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SQL, Tableau, and Hadoop
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.