At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team!
Commerce is the #1 priority for GoDaddy, and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere. On the commerce team you’ll be building the services and user experience that help small businesses grow. We synchronize terabytes of business data across our systems; create innovative dashboards to help entrepreneurs understand all aspects of their business; build web applications that allow our bank, reseller, and developer partners to onboard and support merchants all over the world; and architect services that allow independent scaling of our offerings across the GoDaddy ecosystem.
We are looking for senior engineers to join our teams around the country and world. We have openings at our offices in Santa Clara, Kirkland, and Tempe. We value ownership and code-as-a-craft - we want to aim big and continually improve what we do. People who care about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation shine here at GoDaddy.
Our teams are growing significantly and offer an opportunity to quickly become a go-to person in your chosen area, and your role will rapidly involve mentoring teammates who join after you.
In this role you will...
- Write quality code in Node.js, React.js, TypeScript, Ruby on Rails
- Be at the forefront of our effort to upgrade our front-end to React.js
- Aid us in migrating to a microservices architecture using Node.js
- Help us build APIs to serve our internal customers and partners
- Feed and help prioritize our technical roadmap
- Aid in improving our system resiliency, scalability, and robustness
- Improve our practices: scrum processes, CI/CD, testing, pair programming
- Collaborate with product management, design, and support
- Perform high quality architecture, design, and code reviews
- Continuously learn and share new insights and technical concepts
For this position you should have...
- 3+ years of software architecture, design, and development
- Experience building performant, responsive web applications
- Hands on use of Rails, Node.js, Ember.js, or React.js
- Passion for our customers’ experience and their needs
- Regular agile or scrum ceremonies and practices
- Knowledge of how to use GitHub Actions or Jenkins for CI/CD
- Writing tests using Cypress or a similar automation framework
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Strong technical vision and desire to express and discuss your ideas
You might also have...
- Experience using Elasticsearch and other Elastic products
- Experience developing applications using AWS products
- Experience in Java or GoLang
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.