Location: Kirkland, WA but we are open to this role being remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team ...
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a talented team of engineers, building unique and powerful Commerce experiences and tools. The Commerce Hub is a central dashboard that helps merchants manage their business across their online and physical stores, marketplaces, and social selling channels in a single, unified view.
This leader will work with an outstanding group of fullstack software engineers to help define and shape a unified Omni-Commerce platform that is flexible and powerful, serving the needs of our customers wherever they happen to be in their journey. You will be responsible for initiatives including:
- Offering a dynamic onboarding and setup experience across all commerce products
- Managing a powerful data pipeline and dashboard to aggregate orders, item sales, and customer metrics across all products so a merchant knows exactly what they're doing that has the biggest impact on their business
- Surfacing critical action items across GoDaddy commerce products so a merchant can take care of pressing issues right away and know at a glance if their business is thriving
- Building out all setup, data, and recommendations capabilities in a scalable API platform
We work in an agile environment and our engineering teams release to production multiple times per day, using full CI/CD, to modern distributed systems in AWS. Our geographically distributed teams take a customer-centric approach to product thinking and maintain a tight, supportive, and collaborative culture.
What you'll get to do...
- Build and lead a team of 6-12 engineers, providing both career mentorship and technical vision; your team should feel empowered to solve big problems autonomously
- Drive architecture and design reviews and lead development patterns and practices through code reviews and mentorship
- Coordinate with partner teams to design services and orchestration layers that serve customer needs across multiple verticals and varying levels of business maturity
- Perform architecture, design, and code reviews, with a strong focus on robust, resilient systems
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your team's services
- Partner with your Product Management counterparts to understand requirements, groom the backlog, andmake cost, time, and resource trade-offs
- Regularly launch experiments and measure the customer impact of your work, in order to make data-driven decisions
- Participate in recruiting activities, always growing the talent density and diversity of our teams
- Identify and groom future technical leaders
- Support each individual’s growth through mentoring, training, hackathons, and setting and measuring expectations at each stage in an engineer’s career
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy
- Build valuable connections across all of GoDaddy and connect scope and context between your team and the broader company
- Create an environment of excellence in agile software execution through continuous improvement of the team’s rhythm, process, and tools
- Foster an environment of trust and support, where we take calculated risks, learn from our failures, and celebrate our wins
- Demand and deliver excellence in performance, reliability, quality, and speed of delivery
- Maintain a relentless focus on the Customer
- Create and maintain a healthy, happy environment, where engineers can do their best work
What we use...
- Modern test automation tools like Cypress
- Slack and Zoom for regular team communication
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years of experience managing a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers that delivers scalable systems
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience
- Proven experience designing, building, and shipping systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access layers, fronted by modern UI frameworks
- Experience with, and strong understanding of, relevant languages and tools
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and mentor engineers to do the same
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technology, including containerized compute via Kubernetes and Relational and NoSql datastores, including best practices and appropriate applications of these technologies
- Experience with CICD platforms such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Experience delivering in an Agile software development environment and applying continuous improvement principles
- Strong understanding of modern web applications, services and technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid architecture skills, particularly related to web systems, cloud infrastructures, and distributed systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities, while delivering high quality results
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world small business problems
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.