Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a senior software engineering manager to join our distributed experimentation team. We're building the experimentation technology that powers GoDaddy products that help small business owners manage and grow their businesses.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to be a part of our team working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers' businesses. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for technical people to share our vision. The Experimentation team is building a platform that helps teams at GoDaddy deploy experimentation (e.g., A/B testing) to make sound decisions based on data that provide the best experience for our customers.
We are a distributed team. You can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do…
- Lead your team of 3-5 engineers by providing both career guidance and technical vision for the product. Your team should feel empowered to tackle big problems autonomously.
- Coach individual contributors on code, design, architecture, career development, and collaboration.
- Collaborate with product managers and other team leaders on planning and prioritization (sprint goals, quarterly roadmap, annual goals).
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Design APIs to help power our internal experimentation platform and participate in design discussions led by teammates.
- Ensure quality patterns, define, publish, and follow metrics to ensure product quality.
- Steer devops, release, and on-call activities in support of platform.
- Engage with engineers & stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
- Participate in recruiting activities, always increasing the talent density and diversity of our teams.
- Continuously improve your team's agile practices.
Your experience should include…
- Experience managing a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers that delivers scalable experiences.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping systems with multiple tiers, including client, API, caching, and data access layers.
- Experience with a wide set of full-stack technologies such as Python, Node.js, TypeScript, and React.
- Experience with AWS (Fargate, CFTs, CloudWatch, S3, DynamoDB, Lambdas, ...).
- Computer science, math, engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated, highly collaborative individuals fit in best here.
- Strong drive to learn and to grow and to coach engineers to do the same.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
You might also have…
- Experience in, or strong interest in A/B testing.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.