Location: Washington, California, Arizona, Remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
- Lead the public relations strategy and execution for GoDaddy’s domain name registration and web hosting businesses.
- Develop comprehensive public relations programs to share relevant, meaningful news and advancements with members of the media and other external influencers. Build media relationships and serve as the main point of contact for domain name and web hosting topics.
- Write engaging press releases and blog posts announcing our latest product and program news
- Work closely with executives to build and execute a thought-leadership plan in the domain registration and web hosting space
- Translate technical concepts into stories for a mainstream audience
- Work closely with internal comms, product development and marketing teams in developing an ongoing narrative for the domain name and web hosting product lines
- This is a public relations role will expand into further adjacent areas of responsibility, including incident management for issues related to your area
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of Communications experience, spanning PR and Media Relations
- Deep understanding of technical products and services like domain name registrars and registries, DNS, web hosting, WordPress, etc.
- This role requires a broad set of strategy, communication and management skills
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for media relations and working with journalists, bloggers and other media
- Experience working across lines of business and with C-level executives
- Exceptional organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and help cross-functional teams align
- Knowledge of communication processes and systems
- Strong project management skills
You might also have...
- A passion for the domain name industry and cutting-edge technology
- A track record of successful product and campaign launches with tech media
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.