Your manager is in Carlsbad, CA but you'll be working remotely from anywhere in the United States.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is looking for a passionate, high performing senior backend engineer to join the Conversations team in the journey to meet the vision of becoming an indispensable daily communication hub for Solo and Micro Small Businesses, so they can be independent and successful.
As a backend engineer, you will be involved in designing and building the Platform to support the growth of the product line from our current application that offers a second business line to becoming a multi-channel messaging solution bridging all communication into a central unified inbox. This involves working with a scalable cloud backend infrastructure based on the microservice architecture pattern, that seamlessly integrates with highly efficient mobile and web applications, providing a best-in-class customer experience.
- Design and develop cloud-based systems and infrastructures
- Maintain and innovate on a mission critical communication platform
- Working closely with Product Management to help define the future of the platform
- Write well-documented, testable and high-quality code
- Create automated testing to ensure proper implementations
- Support, debug, fix and improve existing code
- Provide high quality code reviews and mentor other developers
- Apply agile approaches to software development to continuously release services
Your experience should include...
- Passionate about writing code and designing solutions
- 5+ years of experience designing, coding and deploying solutions in agile environment
- Proficient in C#, Go or other relevant languages, particularly with multi-threaded or asynchronous programming
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience developing on public cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Truly a DevOps mindset and understanding of continuous deployments using systems like Docker, AWS, Artifactory, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or Kubernetes
You might also have...
- Experience working with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Knowledge of scaling MySQL and other database technologies including NoSQL
- Passion for technology
- Experience building internal platforms with multiple consumers, or external / public APIs
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.