At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team...
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior software engineer to join our distributed experimentation team. We're building the experimentation technology that powers GoDaddy products that help small business owners manage and grow their businesses. This platform is the foundation for the test and learn culture at GoDaddy.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our team working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers' businesses using Experimentation and data analysis. We are a dynamic and growing team that loves what we do and are looking for technical people to share our vision. The Experimentation team is building a platform that helps teams at GoDaddy deploy experimentation (e.g., A/B testing, Bandits, etc) to make sound data-driven decisions that provide the best experience for our customers.
What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Engineer for GoDaddy.com, you will
- Participate in development of services and sytems for gathering and analyzing experiment data
- Keep quality and performance bar of your team's code by performing code reviews and defining best practices
- Follow robust coding practices, and actively participate in designing, DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your services and customers.
- Engage with engineers & leaders across GoDaddy to solve business and customer problems (from group-wide to company-wide).
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team.
- Support junior engineers and interns.
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience designing and building a platform or libraries for engineers.
- A deep understanding of modern full stack architecture principles.
- Experience delivering high-scale production web services using modern frameworks across multiple technology stacks.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and improving CI/CD processes especially with Git
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and help engineers to do the same.
You might also have...
- Experience in, or strong interest in internet scale Experimentation platforms.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping backend systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access layers.
- Experience designing data ETL pipelines.
- Experience using big data related technologies such as Spark, Airflow, and EMR.
- An understanding of the Experimentation at scale.
- Experience building or contributing to data and machine learning platform.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.