Location: Remote US, PST or MST Time Zone
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
As the Sr. Director of US Marketing, Core Business at GoDaddy, you will be responsible for the overall go-to-market strategy and marketing plan for the strategic Core area of the US Independents business, consisting of our market-leading domains business and email offerings. This role has P&L accountability, including revenue delivery and responsibility for prioritization across marketing and Customer Care investments, marketing spend, headcount and strategic project investments
What you'll get to do...
Drive the shift in the GoDaddy business model from being a collection of separate direct-to-paid SaaS offerings to a customer-value focused set of subscriptions and models, driving associated metrics focused on customer happiness and success, financial targets and other key business drivers.
- Build business & financial models and targets, working with finance, with a minimum 12-36 month look-ahead
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop competitive and market assessments, including identifying TAM, market share, and strategic targets and moves for the business
- Create Distribution strategies including, where relevant, identification of key internal and external channels, business partnerships, or M&A activities
- Build well-founded unit-economics models, with key input drivers and KPIs identified, modeled and tracked
- Implement Pricing structures / monetization plans & types (i.e. standard subscription, prepay, transaction fee, net-credit, etc)
- Develop a highly effective Marketing strategy crafted to deliver outstanding return on investment and outsized growth. This includes:
- Create comprehensive Customer Journey map. This includes mapping granular data on every aspect of a customer interaction with GoDaddy, and identification and weighting of the Most Valuable Touchpoints (MVTS)
- Lead quarterly strategic briefings and planning of all relevant cross-functional leadership teams
- Make Strategic allocation of marketing resources, including total marketing spend and return goals and headcount and strategic project prioritization against financial models
- Identify and ensure execution of any strategic change-management vital to shift GoDaddy teams to articulated business strategy for designated area
- Drive operational insight into the performance of the business against go-to-market and marketing strategy pillars. Based on these insights, make strategic and operational changes in the investment and Go-To-Market approach, make recommendations on product/project investments, and manage the business utilizing all levers identified above, and by making strategy recommendations to the USI leadership team
- Develop, coach, and mentor a team of marketing and growth leaders, channel managers, business operation and strategy managers
- Partner with Product Marketing, Finance, Customer Care, executive management, and key product leaders to build into a shared vision that you lead
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years experience in Marketing and/or Growth roles (or similar), working with SaaS applications/ Internet/software products, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven experience running a business unit P&L that involves sales, marketing and personnel related revenue and costs
- Demonstrated ability using data driven method for experimentation and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field desired; MBA highly preferred
- Fluency in SaaS economics, connecting financial outcomes with SaaS metrics. Demonstrated experience working at the intersection of Growth, Marketing, and Product
- A “whole business” problem solver, including being involved in decisions trading off top and bottom line and thinking through acquisition to retention
- Customer-centric orientation with excellent ability to develop insights from broad range of data and observations and translate them into meaningful experiences
- Proven experience leading or driving a significant company initiative that required shared consensus and execution across a large set of teams
- Excellent team leadership, communication, prioritization, and interpersonal skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Intuitively translates big picture goals to micro use cases and has a strong focus on solving core problems to deliver simple solutions
- Enjoy working in a sophisticated, diverse, and fast paced environment. Focus on key business goals and executing on plans with constrained resources
- Cross-team collaboration to structurally lead, change and gain adoption of new business model(s) – and aligning new model to existing business to enable trade-offs
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.