Location: Remote, Slough
GoDaddy believes each team member makes a meaningful contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is crafted to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organisation to just the work identified
What you'll get to do...
- Help craft and build the next generation Cloud Infrastructure on top of GoDaddy’s data centres as well as maintain and improve current infrastructure, as well as building cloud services and defining backend APIs for automation of builds and management of infrastructure
- Help GoDaddy build the next generation of tools and automation to handle our growing infrastructure
- You will be a core senior member of a global engineering organisation and be able to participate in decision making processes for next generation infrastructure services
- Collaborate across the organisation to develop efficient solutions for our internal and external customers
- Supply to the architecture and design of highly scalable and performant systems for the optimisation of infrastructure management and our next-generation product platforms
- Champion an ethos of continuous improvement
- Promote unifying engineering standard methodologies and processes/tooling
- Conduct experiments to find new ways to optimise, modernise and enable Infrastructure functions
- Write implementations, unit tests and documentation to support our platforms
- Represent a team culture where ideas and problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem solving
Your experience should include...
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Crafting and maintaining highly available and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Deep understanding of network design
- Validated understanding in a breadth of technologies, programming languages (e.g., Python, Golang), and platforms
- Knowledge of software security principles
You might also have...
- Validated experience in the Hosting Industry
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.