GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Our team manages the infrastructure for the WAF/CDN. Daily we face challenging scenarios, maybe it’s a DDoS attack, sometimes a 0-day affecting millions of sites.
You can work remotely from most US states.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do
In this role, you are responsible for the reliability of our software systems. You'll work collaboratively with product development engineers. You’ll create and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and you’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Daily monitoring of systems, identifying issues related to the performance and scalability of software processes.
- Troubleshooting issues and either resolving them or creating tasks for other team members to debug / resolve.
- Upgrading, patching, and spinning up application servers.
- Automate repetitive tasks related to reliability, server health and performance.
Tuning applications for high performance.
Your experience should include…
- Comfortable writing code with one or more of the following languages: Python / Go / C / Perl / Bash.
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools (Nagios,Zabbix, Solarwinds).
- Log aggregation tools (ELK stack, splunk) and runbook automation tools.
- Detail oriented. The ideal candidate is one who naturally digs as deep as they need to understand the why.
- At least five years managing Linux/Unix Servers
You might also have…
- Networking technologies BGP/Anycast using Cisco or Arista
- Cloud Services, such as AWS
- Linux Server Platforms and Architecture
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.