Location: Remote EMEA - We are open to fully remote as well as remote hybrid options to work in any of our GoDaddy office locations.
Do you thrive when working in a highly collaborative, innovative, passionate, and empowering atmosphere? Do you wish to grow your career, expand your skillset, and build new experiences as you work on customer-centered products used by millions of users? If so, then we want to meet you!
Our mission is to enable small businesses to be successful on the web, social media, and in real life by building intuitive tools for website building, social and email marketing, selling products and services, and much more. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Email API Team. The team maintains, supports and develops systems delivering billions of emails every year for our internal partner teams as well as customers.
What you'll get to do...
- Maintain and innovate on a mission critical platform delivering billions of emails;
- Develop high quality, highly scalable and available, cloud-based services;
- Write unit, functional and integration tests, and documentation;
- Adopt Agile methodologies to continuously release services;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and partner teams;
- Perform code reviews and drive adoption of engineering best practices.
Some technologies we work with:
- RESTful APIs;
- AWS – CloudFormation, CDK, ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, S3;
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Email, PowerMTA, DNS;
- Git, Jenkins, Docker, Jira.
Your experience should include...
- A minimum of five years of previous professional software development experience;
- Experience using AWS in a DevOps environment;
- Previously developed RESTful APIs;
- A working knowledge of Agile, working in sprints and participating in agile ceremonies;
- A deep knowledge and passion for coding standards, best practices and following tried design patterns.
You might also have...
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions;
- An understanding of Email delivery, DKIM, DMARC, IP reputation, and related technologies;
- Experience working with Elasticsearch and Kibana;
- Knowledge of scaling MySQL and other database technologies including NoSQL.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies