Location: Santa Clara, Tempe or REMOTE
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
Help us build and grow the GoDaddy Commerce core platform services, connected web and point of sale experiences, and GoDaddy mobile app. You’ll be the first program manager across these teams, so you will have the opportunity to build our program management tools and processes from the ground-up. Commerce has been one of GoDaddy’s fastest growing areas over the past few years and is a top company priority. You will be joining a team of product, engineering and UX leaders who share a passion for customer-driven innovation. In this role, you'll help lead major product initiatives that cross multiple teams. In the Commerce division we are aiming to deliver the best one-stop shop for small businesses to run and grow their business.
What you'll get to do…
The Senior Technical Program Manager works with engineering, product, and leadership teams to plan and execute technical programs, product launches, operational activities, and process improvements.
- Drive project execution from scoping through delivery
- Collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers
- Communicate schedules, dependencies, and risks to all key stakeholders
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve cross-team/cross-project dependencies, obstacles, and bottlenecks
- Support the development of program plans, goals, and objectives
- Lead program scoping with architecture, engineering, and senior leaders
Your experience should include…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of technical program management experience (working directly with product and engineering teams)
- Software product development: Deep experience with teams that have built and launched customer-facing web and mobile products.
- Exceptional communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (developers, product managers, marketers, and senior leadership) using relevant verbal, written and visual communication tools.
- Exceptional coordination skills: Deep understanding of software development and project planning, including estimating and scheduling. Experience building, deploying, and operationalizing global, multi-year technology projects on schedule.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Agile process fluency: Drive (as scrum master) or participate in all relevant Agile ceremonies while helping team optimize Agile processes
- Technical fluency: Ability to confidently discuss competing technological solutions with engineers, estimate the impact of each on the project schedule, then make recommendations aligned with business goals
- Sound business acumen: Ability to understand and contribute to business goals, then prioritize project execution in pursuit of those goals
- Facilitative leadership: Proven ability to lead and influence others without direct authority
You might also have…
- Experience coordinating interdependent mobile and web teams
- Successful delivery of large-scale mobile app or connected device projects
- Bonus: Experience starting or running a small business or building products or services for small business customers
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.