This role can be performed remotely in the U.S., or near a GoDaddy Hub in the U.S. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
Help us build out the new GoDaddy mobile experience as part of the Mobile Ventures team. In this role, you’ll be joining a group comprised of product and engineering leaders who share a passion for building innovative products that customers love to use and that generate measurable results for their businesses. As a member in Mobile Ventures, we take away the hard parts of running a business, so that our users can focus on the joy of making their businesses grow. Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs, and dreamers and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
The Senior Technical Program Manager – Commerce mobile role is an opportunity for a results-oriented individual who combines technical depth, great communication skills, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to transform complex coordination into simple processes.
What you'll get to do…
Reporting to a Director of Product Management within GoDaddy Mobile Ventures, this role will be working to execute out a key part of the Mobile Ventures strategy working across multiple mobile and web teams.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and help with tradeoff decisions, balancing the business needs versus technical constraints. You will possess an exceptional ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and project plans, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and design teams to ship new app experiences in support of larger commerce customer objectives
- Work closely with the multiplePM leads to provide guidance and structure to squads to drive efficient delivery of high impactful customer features
- Identify dependencies and relative priority with multiple cross functional teams for successful development and implementation of the requirements.
- Work on an Agile development team to manage day to day sprint activities, coordinate execution and development activity with team leads (product, engineering, design) to ensure feature objectives are maintained as well as track progress of in-flight projects
- Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Play a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ responsibilities are included
- Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Monitor & provide timely updates on actual project progress, compared to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters
- Support PM lead in prioritizing feature opportunities in a roadmap that is aligned with GoDaddy Mobile app goals in relation with commerce Org level business goals
Your experience should include…
- Ideally 5+ years of experience working as a technical lead or Sr Technical Program manager and helping product teams launch products successfully
- Experience working with cross functional and cross org across mobile engineering and web / platform engineering teams.
- Skilled in reading technical documents such as api or sdks or service libraries. Can provide input on how best to approach software design, can question or propose new thinking to architecture or solution to improve velocity and maintain quality.
- Understands all aspects of production methodologies, project management, and has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience documenting and presenting to stakeholders including cross leadership teams.
- Passion for understanding processes, bringing execution excellence, and mitigating risks to launch great customer experiences
- Proficient in Agile development methodologies and has served in the program manager Owner role in Agile teams.
- Ability to work in a complex, and fast paced environment to achieve key business goals and execute a plan with constrained resources.
- Comfortable with ambiguity to define a clear path through a muddled mess of options.
- Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal mentorship.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques, and technologies.
You might also have…
- Experience starting or running a small business or building products or services for small business customers.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.