Location: This role can be remote in the U.S. or office-based in Kirkland, Washington; Tempe, Arizona; or Gilbert, Arizona
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
As the Director of Platform Mergers & Acquisitions, you are at the forefront of driving the next chapter of growth for GoDaddy. You will partner closely with senior executives, integration leaders across the company and platform engineering teams to drive the end state vision for acquisitions and define success.
You will be responsible for driving and coordinating all aspects of integration for the core platform beginning with due diligence to find opportunities, risks, and assumptions. With a platform-first mindset, you will work with architects to review acquisitions and identify core platform components and capabilities outside of organizational boundaries. You will manage a core platform integration portfolio and provide direction and leadership for initiatives by defining the scope, setting critical successful factors, working with business partners, identifying necessary resources, assessing and controlling risk, and executing against an agreed plan.
You will identify key partners and drive M&A integration across needed areas, such as Infrastructure, Security, eCommerce, Data Platform, Customer/Identity, Finance, Marketing, and others. You will manage the overall process, playbooks and project-oriented duties related to the technology and infrastructure integration of acquisitions.
This is a highly cross-functional role working across company-wide engineering, operational and business teams. The ideal candidate has an engineering background, technical product or program management experience, superior communication, advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a resourceful nature and a drive to make things happen.
What you'll get to do...
- Manage the core platform integration portfolio across the organization, driving consistent, reliable and repeatable best practices
- Review acquisitions and identify core platform components and capabilities outside of organizational boundaries
- Set the vision and drive integration delivery, unite teams in pursuit of acquisition goals towards the end state vision
- Define success using your deep expertise in technologies, engage with technical teams as peers and participate in solutioning
- Identify and understand risks caused by technical complexity and simplify existing architectures to accelerate innovation and speed of delivery
- Drive the creation of program roadmaps and information sharing resources relevant to varying partners, providing pro-active and data-driven projections
- Use advanced analytical and problem-solving techniques with ownership to drive tradeoff decisions as needed and connect people to unblock issues
- Build strong relationships and influence stakeholders with the strategic value of platform needs and teams to move towards a technical north star
Your experience should include...
- Significant experience in a technical program management or product management role with demonstrable results with complex programs of delivery end-to-end
- M&A experience or comparable technical integration experience required
- Engineering or engineering management experience desired
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in STEM field or equivalent
- Product management experience building internal platforms with multiple consumers, or external/public APIs
- Experience working with Agile development teams using Jira or similar tool
- Formal Project Management Certification / training is desirable e.g., PMI – PMP, Agile Scrum
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the capability of engaging others at all levels of the organization
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.