GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com .
Location: US remote or near a GoDaddy office
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
Do you flourish when working in a highly collaborative, innovative, passionate, and driven atmosphere with like-minded individuals? Are you hungry to grow your career, expand your skillset, and build new experiences as you work toward customer-centered products and releases? If so, then we want to meet you!
We have an outstanding team of full-stack software engineers in an exciting, collaborative environment in our downtown-SF office. We are working towards redefining the future of web presence by building compelling experiences for Digital Marketing. We combine robust service design with engaging and elegant UX to create products that help small businesses build and grow their online presence. Our products help small business customers get online everywhere they need their business to be, including web sites, Google Places and Maps, Facebook, Yelp, and more.
We work in an agile environment with full CI/CD support, and developers release multiple times per day to production. Our team is highly collaborative, and a great place to develop your skills and grow your career.
- Lead a team of 3-10 people who are building great products to help small businesses get online
- Spend at least 50% of your time building/reviewing architecture and design documentation, driving performance improvements, setting quality standards, reviewing code, and promoting development best practices where appropriate.
- Lead architectural discussions with the team and across partners
- Recruit and hire new team members and help grow the team
- Work closely with PM, UX, and data scientists to question the limitations for crafting magical user experiences
- Ensure applications are built with appropriate monitoring, alerting, and security considerations. Applications should be scalable, performant, and reliable.
- Use data and analytics to improve the product and customer experience
Your experience should include...
- Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern web applications and technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid architecture skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still delivering high quality results
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Passion to develop elegant and ground breaking solutions for real-world small business problems
What We Use:
- MySQL, MSSQL
- AWS, OpenStack
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.