Location: Remote US, PST or MST Time Zone
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
As Director of Marketing for Commerce at GoDaddy, you will be responsible for the overall go-to-market strategy and marketing plan for the Commerce (eCommerce and Payments) area of the US Independents business. This role has accountability for revenue delivery and responsibility for strategic prioritization across marketing and Customer Care investments, marketing spend, headcount and project investments. In this role, you will lead the planning of and collaborate with other business segments on the formulation of an integrated go-to-market strategy, plan and execution.
What you'll get to do...
- Drive a shift in the GoDaddy business from a SaaS-only model to a customer-value focused set of subscriptions and payments, with associated success metrics on customer satisfaction and success, financial targets and other key business drivers.
- Build business & financial models and targets, working with finance, with a minimum 12-36 month look-ahead
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop competitive and market assessment, including identifying TAM, market share, and strategic targets and moves
- Build distribution strategies including, where relevant, identification of key internal and external channels, business partnerships, or M&A activities
- Create solid unit-economics model for the business, with key input drivers and KPIs identified, modeled and tracked
- Manage pricing structures / monetization plans & types (ie, standard subscription, prepay, transaction fee, net-credit, etc)
- Lead the successful adoption of new business models into the fabric of the business to enable outsized growth (i.e., in Growth Payments models)
- Develop a highly effective Marketing strategy crafted to deliver outstanding return on investment and outsized growth. This includes:
- Create comprehensive Customer Journey map, mapping granular data on every aspect of the customer interaction with GoDaddy, and identification and weighting of the Most Valuable Touchpoints
- Create and lead the strategic planning process at a channel-neutral level, engaging and using cross-company functional strategy leads
- Establish key Customer Metrics and Omni-channel Metrics spanning customer journey
- Allocate marketing resources, including total marketing spend and return, headcount and strategic project prioritization against financial models
- Identify and ensure execution of any strategic change-management vital to pivot GoDaddy teams to articulated business strategy for designated area
- Drive operational insight into business performance against go-to-market and marketing strategy pillars. Based on these insights, drive strategic and operational changes in the investment and Go-To-Market approach, make recommendations on product/project investments, and run business performance utilizing all levers identified above, and by making strategy recommendations to the USI leadership team
- Partner with Product Marketing, Finance, Customer Care, executive management, and key product leaders to build into a shared vision that you lead
Your experience should include...
- Internet/software products, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Fluency in SaaS and payments economics and business models, connecting financial outcomes with driver metrics. Demonstrated experience working at the intersection of Growth, Marketing, and Product
- Experience as a “whole business” problem solver, including being involved in decisions trading off top and bottom line and thinking through acquisition to retention
- Demonstrated ability in using data driven method for experimentation and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer-centric orientation with excellent ability to develop insights from broad range of data and observations and translate them into significant experiences
- Validated experience leading or driving a significant company initiative that required shared consensus and execution across a large set of teams
- Excellent team leadership, communication, prioritization, and social skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, works closely with executives, engineering, design, business planning, marketing, and customer service
- Ability to work in a sophisticated, diverse, and fast paced environment. Focus on key business goals and executing on plans with constrained resources
- Strategic change-management across wide variety of areas and functions – recruiting others to your vision – finance, business analytics, product, platform, marketing teams
You might also have...
Degree in a technical field
Strong experience in payments, FinTech or related field
Familiarity with Account-Based Marketing (ABM) practices
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.