Join Our Team
As a Principal Engineer for GoDaddy.com, you will help entrepreneurs discover everything they need to build a successful online venture. The right candidate for this role combines proficient technical skills to craft innovative solutions with a passion for building easy to use web products that customers love.
Kirkland, WA or anywhere remote USA.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
As a Principal Engineer for GoDaddy.com, you will work cross-functionally with multiple teams across our site and the company, setting the technical vision for the shared services and cross-cutting concerns that are critical to delivering a superior site experience, translating vague problems into innovative technical possibilities, and experimenting your way toward success. You will use your experience with modern cloud, microservice architecture and full stack software development to build products that improve every step of our customers’ experience. You lean on your passion for technology to suggest and make improvements to our tech stack and infrastructure and contribute to 1 to 3 year technology plans, bringing people together from disparate roles and teams to join you in realizing the vision.
You will develop talent around you, by influencing and coaching other individual contributors. The ideal candidate would also be open to managing directly. Your influence will extend outside of your organization to deliver results that move the needle.
Your experience should include...
- 9+ years’ experience with software development. 6+ in back-end development, systems design, and scalable architecture
- 3+ years’ experience with front-end development and a deep understanding of modern full stack architecture principles
- Experience delivering high-scale production web services using modern frameworks across multiple technology stacks.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and improving CI/CD processes, especially with GitHub and Jenkins
- Web-based large-scale E-commerce experience in geo-distributed, localized environments
- Demonstrated love and advocacy of automated testing
- Customer focused with willingness to roll up your sleeves to ensure the best experience and outcome for them.
- Ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape, while balancing multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Strong Business sense and technical vision and a willingness to be express and discuss your ideas
You might also have...
- Experience managing or contributing to open source (Send us a link to your GitHub!)
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.