This role can be performed anywhere in Canada
This role is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a software engineer to join us in building and improving the domain name experience at GoDaddy. As a software development engineer, you will work in a small scrum team responsible for services ranging from domain name search and registration and management to high-scale DNS to GoDaddy's aftermarket services. We value strong software engineers with experience in micro services, distributed systems, and a dedicated customer focus. Our software engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their design and code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. This is a full stack role, but we are flexible about the technologies with which you have the most experience. Come shine within a small, high-impact team of dedicated engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest domain name registrar services and largest secondary marketplace for domain investors.
- Contributing to the full development stack from the UI/API through the persistence layer
- Writing highly scalable, highly available, cloud-ready applications
- Solving end-to-end problems
- Testing code (e.g., writing automated unit and functional tests)
- Adopting Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services
- Ability to be hands-on with AWS infrastructure
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, micro services, and cloud computing
- Strong experience in a programming language, Java, C++, or Golang, etc
- Strong communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems
- Strong desire to learn and grow
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.