Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are flexible on the location of this role - it can be remote in the US.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
Join our team
GoDaddy Payments is a brand new offering just released to merchants, giving them tools to sell online and offline seamlessly, plus powerful analytics and management tools to run their business – no matter what their size, presence, or sales volume.
What you’ll get to do…
As a senior or staff software engineer on the GoDaddy Payments team, you could work on:
- The Payments Hub, our merchant facing web portal built in React/Next.js allowing merchants to manage their transactions and payouts, buy and configure payments hardware remotely, see analytics and recommendations for their business, and manage unique ways to sell both online and offline.
- Our merchant signup flow and integration into the GoDaddy Risk platform, offering a lightweight, easily understandable, transparent signup process so merchants can get payments up and running within minutes.
- Our API platform offering all GoDaddy Payments capabilities to both internal and external developers – merchant signup and approval, transaction management, invoicing, and many more.
- Building out our architecture and engineering processes for scale as we rapidly grow our user base and processing volume.
Your experience should include…
- Experience building scalable web backends in Node.js
- A passion for quality, great UX, attention to detail, and an empathy for customer experience
- Object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Understanding of modern datastore mechanics and performance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You might also have:
- Experience as a tech lead or architect for an engineering team – helping to define and review engineering roadmap, architecture, and software development and testing/automation processes
- Experience deploying applications at scale on AWS
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other distributed document stores
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.