Location: UK, Remote.
GoDaddy’s Infrastructure Organisation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help design and build the next generation Cloud Infrastructure on top of GoDaddy’s data centres. As part of the newly formed Infrastructure Engineering Team, this role will collaborate across the organisation to create an optimized Infrastructure Platform that enables GoDaddy products and services. The role will shape the intersection between private and public Cloud use at GoDaddy. The work involves building Cloud services and defining backend APIs for automation of builds and management of infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who will drive pragmatic solutions, generate and grow ideas, and be a core team member in this cross-functional space contributing towards the Architecture Optimization and Integration strategy for GoDaddy.
The work is strategic, fast paced, and diverse. You’ll bring strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a collaborative work ethic. Immersing yourself as a key driving force across our Infrastructure teams, you should also enjoy working in an agile delivery environment.
What you'll get to do...
- Collaborate across the organisation to develop optimal solutions for our internal and external customers
- Contribute to the architecture and design of highly scalable and performant systems for the optimization of infrastructure management and our next-generation product platforms
- Champion an ethos of continuous improvement
- Promote unifying engineering best practices and processes/tooling
- Conduct experiments to find new ways to optimize, modernize and enable Infrastructure functions
- Write implementations, unit tests and documentation to support our platforms
- Represent a team culture where ideas and problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem solving.
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years software development experience in infrastructure engineering, backend service development, or SRE
- Solid understanding in a breadth of technologies, programming languages(g., Python, Golang, Java), and platforms
- Knowledge across distributed systems, networking, multithreaded applications, inter-process communication and software and systems architecture
- Experience with cloud platform technologies such as AWS, OpenStack etc.
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with Linux environments
- Building on Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Designing and developing scalable, globally distributed systems
- Working within an Agile development environment and strong practice of continuous delivery/integration
- Strong knowledge of software security principles and practical application experience
You might also have...
- Previous experience in an Infrastructure engineering role including infrastructure development, Network, Data Center Engineering or Platform Operations
- Experience with virtualisation technologies
- Mentoring other Engineers to develop their skills
- Process improvement, management, and development experience
- Experience with Windows environment
- Experience working within a hosting-based industry
With over 20 years’ experience and more than 3.5 million domains registered, 123 Reg are the largest provider in the UK (United Kingdom), with over 1.7 million websites using our services every day. Although a lot has changed since we first started, our philosophy has always stayed the same as we believe that succeeding online should be achievable for everyone, regardless of technical skill
level. As such, we aim to make the entire process as simple and easy as possible so that our customers can focus on what they know best: their business. By offering affordable, no-nonsense products such as domains, websites, email, web hosting and more, we help small business owners overcome the hurdles typically involved when getting started online. Furthermore, every 123 Reg product comes with access to our friendly and knowledgeable Support teams, who are here to assist our customers every step of the way.
Since we’re also part of the GoDaddy family, our supportive attitude extends to our company culture as well. We aren’t afraid to take risks or try new ways of doing things, and we firmly believe that to truly take care of our customers, we need to take care of each other and ourselves first.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.