Remote, Carlsbad, Tempe, Santa Clara
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our channels synchronization team at GoDaddy. This team is responsible for ensuring that thousands of merchants are able to successfully sell their products online in the most popular marketplaces and social platforms. We need your help in scaling our ecommerce offering to meet our mission to empower entrepreneurs everywhere.
We're a team who supports one another through pair programming, code reviews, brainstorming sessions, architecture reviews, and the occasional happy hour. We work in an agile environment and our engineering teams release to production multiple times per day, using CI/CD, to modern distributed systems in AWS. Our geographically distributed teams take a customer-centric approach to product thinking and maintain a tight, supportive, and collaborative culture.
What you'll get to do...
- Build and lead a team of 6-12 engineers, with a mix of full time hires and offshore consultants, providing both career mentorship and technical vision; your team will be empowered to solve big problems autonomously
- Build seamless experiences and powerful integrations within GoDaddy and with partners
- Incorporate telemetry and experimentation to make data driven decisions and product improvements
- Perform architecture, design, and code reviews, with a strong focus on robust, resilient systems
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your team's services
- Partner with your Product Management counterparts to understand requirements, make cost/time trade-offs, groom the backlog, and make resource tradeoffs
- Participate in recruiting activities, always growing the talent density and diversity of our teams
- Identify and groom future technical leaders
- Support each individual’s growth through mentoring, training, hackathons, and setting and measuring expectations at each stage in an engineer’s career
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy
- Create the right connections across all of GoDaddy and provide scope and context between your team and the broader company
- Create an environment of excellence at agile software execution through continuous improvement of the team’s rhythm, process, tools
- Foster an environment of trust and support, where we take calculated risks, learn from our failures, and celebrate our wins
- Demand and deliver excellence in performance, reliability, quality, and speed of delivery
- Maintain a relentless focus on the Customer
- Create and maintain a healthy, happy environment where engineers can do their best work
Your experience should include...
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience; Hands-on Ruby preferred
- Experience designing, building, and shipping systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and high throughput data access layers, fronted by modern UI frameworks
- Proven experience and understanding of relevant languages, such as NodeJS, Go, or Java
- Strong drive to learn and grow, and mentor engineers to do the same
- Cloud infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS and containerized compute via Kubernetes and Relational and NoSql datastores – including best practices and appropriate applications of these technologies
- CICD platforms such as Jenkins, Travis or CircleCI
- Delivering in an Agile software development environment and applying continuous improvement principles
- Strong understanding of modern web applications, services and technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.