GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We prefer if you can work from our Kirkland or Santa Clara office.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
Data is the most valuable asset at GoDaddy, and the Data & Analytics organization (DNA) is in the center for building an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform, data services & strategic technologies that drives innovation for our partners and clients, serving as integral platforms for generating revenue and competitive advantages, within GoDaddy and globally.
We are a team dedicated to developing sophisticated technology, systems & services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, enabling GoDaddy the ability to use its data assets to build competitive differentiators and maximize business value!!
You will join the team at its inflection point in a senior leadership role and thus will have the chance to create a disproportionate impact on the business’s bottom line and help craft it for years to come.
Build a diverse, robust and globally distributed team to deliver and operate a cost optimized, scalable DaaS platform fueling GoDaddy's transformation.
You own developing strategies, roadmaps for the overall development life cycle of the group. Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives.
Drive engineering & operational excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, and productivity. Provide technical mentorship to the team including architecture, design, and code reviews.
Your experience should include...
- 8 or more years of demonstrated experience working as a manager of managers, successfully building and shipping customer and/or developer facing products & services at internet scale. Strong leadership on both technology & people side with rich experience in large scale data platform and Data as a service.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, data analysis, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems.
- Personal characteristics include a natural intellectual curiosity. You thrive in fast-paced environments, accompanied by agile engineering practices. Delivering business value without compromising quality is in your DNA.
- Ability to think strategically, see patterns and relationships in information and events, anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities and effectively respond with bias for action will be a success factor.
- Master’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent practical experience.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.