GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Remote or near a GoDaddy Office. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you’ll get to do…
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you’ll also have the opportunity to improve internal documentation & processes, build enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open-source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to teammates
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Collaborating with other engineering teams across the company on shared projects
Your experience should include...
- The ability to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Being detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- Having a commitment to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Being a self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Excited to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
You might also have…
- Experience with React or other front-end frameworks
- Experience designing and developing APIs with REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Go or other compiled languages
- Experience with eCommerce (like WordPress / WooCommerce, Shopify, or others)
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs, especially with payments and shipping providers
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.