GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Tempe AZ, Kirkland WA or remote. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
GoDaddy's MarTech organization is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data and Personalization team. We are responsible for multiple services, integrations, and various API’s that enables our data platform to empower marketing and analytics. If you have interest in getting hands-on with the latest cloud technologies (AWS)and enabling a next generation platform, this will be a great opportunity
What you'll get to do...
- Contribute to a Data Platform that directly impacts GoDaddy customers.
- Help design, build and unit-test innovative systems that are vital to our international and marketing efforts -essential to our company.
- Work on platforms that enable better customer experience for customers. Our teams build solutions which enable personalization, and timely communication to improve customer engagement and retention.
- Support platforms and applications that help contribute over $300 million in annual review via our outbound emails sent to our more than 20million GoDaddy customers.
- Collaborate with other GoDaddy teams of Engineers, Marketing Professionals, QA and Operations
- Leverage industry best practices and methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, testing automation and Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Be a member of our Scrum team where we have two-week sprints with well-defined goals and a product backlog.
- Participate in the decision-making progress -we want you to speak up!
- Mentor your team members to share your passion for software, your appreciation for engineering field, and your respect for the craft of software development.
- You will do much more than just write great code.
Some technologies we work with:
- RESTful APIs
- Python, C#, .NetCore
- Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Apache Airflow, PySpark
- AWS - CloudFormation, Sceptre, ECS, EKS, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Docker, Git, Jira
Your experience should include...
- 7+ years of software design and/or development experience
- Previous backend RESTful API development experience
- Strong experience in a programming language C# (preferred), Python or Java
- Must have at least on year experience with AWS
- Experience with BigData, Spark eco-system, Map Reduce, HDFS, Hadoop
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Deep knowledge and a passion for coding standards and following proven design patterns.
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- Experience with Agile, working in sprints and participating in the agile ceremonies
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, product, and operations team members to deliver the best solution for our customers
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.