GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a Software Engineer to join our data platform team. We're building the self-service data platform capabilities that empower analytics, machine learning, and products.
As a Software Engineer, you will help design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that empower teams across the company to leverage data in their applications. Some example applications that integrate with our Data Platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems, and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their business online.
The team is primarily located in the Seattle area, but we are a distributed team and you can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts; in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do
- Implement a self-service, distributed Data Lake (data mesh) and Data Platform
- Build API's and capabilities that power data producers and consumers
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Data Platform innovation
- Contribute to a Data Platform that directly impacts GoDaddy customers
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source
Your experience should include
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years of industry software development experience on developing and shipping software
- Proficiency in multiple modern Backend programming languages (Python, Java)
- Understanding of RESTful API design and microservices
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to write modern, testable, and maintainable code
- Using database technologies, like key-value stores or relational databases, to power platforms or user experiences
- Passion for building great software with solid test infrastructure
You might also have
- Experience with AWS
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.