GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build an online presence, attract customers, grow their business, and achieve their dreams.
As a Principal Engineer for GoDaddy.com, you will help entrepreneurs discover everything they need to build a successful online venture. The right candidate for this role combines proficient technical skills to craft innovative solutions with a passion for building easy to use web products that customers love.
Kirkland, WA or anywhere remote USA
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
You will develop talent around you, by influencing and coaching other individual contributors. The ideal candidate would also be open to managing directly. Your influence will extend outside of your organization to deliver results that move the needle.
Your experience should include...
- 12+ years’ experience with software development. 6+ in front-end development, responsive web design, and scalable architecture.
- 3+ years with people management, mentoring, and team building.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and improving CI/CD processes, especially with GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience working with a “squad” model of engineering, with a dedicated product peer, and designer.
- Web-based large-scale E-commerce experience in geo-distributed, localized environments
- Demonstrated love and advocacy of automated testing
- Customer focused with willingness to roll up your sleeves to ensure the best experience and outcome for them.
- Ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape, while balancing multiple responsibilitie
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Strong Business sense and technical vision and a willingness to be express and discuss your ideas
You might also have...
- Experience managing or contributing to open source (Send us a link to your GitHub!)
- Expertise building accessible websites
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.