GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Kirkland, WA, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a back-end focus to be a part of our team working on powering the next generation of experiences for our customers.
We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision.
As true participants in Open Source we also contribute code and our findings (good and bad) back to the Open Source community (Check our GitHub page: http://github.com/godaddy).
You will have the opportunity to help make more of our work Open Source and work with the community to help foster its success.The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow with new technologies and opportunities.
If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
- Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
- Participate in planning, architectural discussion, implementation, and maintenance of a client and server side platform enabling personalized interactions with customers.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in devops, release, and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Write, edit and improve technical documentation.
- Engage with engineers & partners across GoDaddy to tackle problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
- Help to build and maintain high-performance data aggregation and processing systems that span multiple sources.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Support other engineers in the team.
Your experience should include...
- You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
- You have experience working with cloud-native architectures.
- You have experience with and are capable of creating performant RESTful APIs to power web applications.
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies and distributed architectures.
- You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows.
- You work closely with a team of experts across disciplines to design and implement very high quality code.
- You have experience with Devops and understand what deployment means using systems like docker, AWS and/or Kubernetes.
You might also have...
- Experience with technologies such as AWS Lambda, GraphQL, and DynamoDB a plus.
- You are familiar with modern front-end technologies such as React and Next.js.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.