GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be a part of our team working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers' businesses. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for technical people to share our vision. The Experimentation team is building a platform that helps teams at GoDaddy deploy experimentation (e.g., A/B testing) to make sound decisions based on data that provide the best experience for our customers.
The Hiring manager is located in Portland, OR but you can be located anywhere in the United States!
We are a distributed team and you can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts; in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do
- Contribute code to develop new metrics and analysis methods into platform features
- Work with engineers to help teams identify and resolve technical and data issues that effect experiments
- Partner with product and marketing teams on the design and analysis of experiments that require innovation on platform features and analysis methods, or that are high-visibility and business critical
- Grow organizational knowledge around experimentation through educational initiatives and internal leadership over experimental methods and standardized methodologies
Your experience should include
- A degree in computer science, or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of proven experience working on applied experimentation, data engineering, or data science
- A solid understanding of fundamentals of inferential statistics and experimental design
- Skills for researching and mastering advanced data science topics with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Hive/SQL and one or more programming languages (e.g., R/Python)
- An ability to communicate platform and data science concepts with technical and non-technical partners
- A track record of contributing to production systems and pipelines
You might also have
- Experience with A/B testing platforms
- Contributions to open source software
- Expertise with cloud services, like AWS
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.