Location: Remote United States
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you’ll also have the opportunity to improve internal documentation & processes, pitch enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open-source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to team members
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to open-source code and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Your experience should include...
- The ability to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Commitment to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Excited to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
You might also have…
- Experience with AWS services, especially with Lambda and DynamoDB
- Experience working with both REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Go
- WordPress / WooCommerce experience
- Experience building highly detailed user interfaces
- Experience building and maintaining a shared component library
- Experience working in an Agile development team
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.