GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Remote United States or near a GoDaddy office. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
While much of your time will be spent on managing and coaching engineers, you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to code review, architecture, and test / QA automations.
What you'll get to do...
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a group of engineers with continuous feedback, enhancing individual strengths, addressing underperformance, and celebrating contributions of the team members
- Assisting with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new engineers
- Conducting regular check-ins (1:1s) with team members
- Providing career development planning and guidance
- Contributing to plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges within the organization
- Coordinating with other teams across the company like Product, Design, Marketing, and Care to meet cross-functional objectives
- Consistently sharing objectives and goals with the team and rallying them to accomplish them
- Championing an ethos of continuous improvement in the team
- Helping grow the expertise of the team in performant, reliable, scalable, maintainable architecture, and experimentation
- Collecting and analyze workflow and team metrics to drive improvements
- Helping to define, document, and unify engineering best practices and project management processes and tooling
Your experience should include...
- Experience both as an individual contributor and with managing a team of software engineers
- Kind-hearted and passionate about mentoring and coaching others to be successful
- Being an adept technical leader who is able to make complex topics seem approachable
- Excited about creating and fostering excellence in engineering and project management practices
- Bring action orientation and an experimental mindset and thrive on continuously improving with your team
- Be eager to collaborate with multiple teams and understand how other teams’ work influences our engineering practices
- Be independent, determined, and driven — a self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Approach problems from first principles and continuously question assumptions
- Be an effective communicator in verbal and written English with strong feedback skills
You might also have…
- Experience with Agile / Kanban and related tooling (Jira, Confluence)
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.