GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
What you'll get to do...
This position will play a key role as a technical accounting resource for the Company, supporting the team by researching, resolving and documenting complex accounting issues and transactions such as revenue recognition, derivatives, leases, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and other non-recurring transactions. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in complex accounting as well as a strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Treasury, Accounting, Legal, Procurement, Corporate Development, Finance, Tax and Financial Reporting
- Perform technical research on non-recurring or complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP
- Assess the financial and operational impact of new accounting pronouncements and act as our leader in ensuring compliance with the relevant financial reporting standards
- Review contractual arrangements to determine proper accounting treatment and document conclusion reached
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and memos as well as develop and deliver relevant training to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Assist with M&A, including due diligence, purchase accounting, and integration activities
- Interact with our external auditors and consultants in formulating accounting conclusions
- Participate on or lead special projects
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting or a mix of public accounting and publicly-traded multinational companies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in SaaS or technology industry preferred
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.