GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work with us to build and maintain our next generation eCommerce platform in the EMEA region. You will work with several multi-national development teams to help them get their services live and to maintain/grow the platform.
This is position can be based remotely across the East Coast.
What you'll get to do...
- Implementing new infrastructure components and deploying them in a distributed environment
- Resolving any issues that may arise on the platform
- Working with development teams to deploy new projects from CI/CD to live
- Always looking for ways to optimize the platform and make it more resilient
- Work on migrating the existing infrastructure to AWS
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Assist, where possible, on migrating legacy systems onto the platform
Your experience should include…
- 3+ years experience with Kubernetes or OpenShift
- 3+ years Linux administration skills, we primarily use CentOS
- 3+ years strong scripting skills (bash, python etc.)
- 3+ years Experience in using Ansible to manage infrastructure
- Good understanding of CI/CD concepts and version control systems
- Hands on of SQL systems, primarily MySQL
- Experience in building/working with distributed infrastructure and systems
- Good understanding of Networks and firewalls
- Strong alignment to good security practice
- The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
You might also have…
- 3+ years Experience with AWS
- Experience with virtualization systems, primarily KVM
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.