GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to be a part of our team working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers' businesses. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for technical people to share our vision. The Experimentation team is building a platform that helps product teams at GoDaddy deploy experimentation (e.g., A/B testing) to make sound decisions based on data that provide the best experience for our customers.
We care about hiring great engineers rather than a specific language skill set, but many people want to know what tech we're using right now. The development stack spans API services (Python and Go), data science and data engineering (Hadoop, Hive, and NumPy), and DevOps (Kubernetes and AWS). What is more important than anything specifically on the list is your willingness to grow, learn, and adapt as our technology choices progress. A history of demonstrated creativity will be to your advantage. Many of the decisions for new projects will be directly driven by you, and you will own your code from inception through production.
You’ll work in either Santa Clara, San Francisco, Tempe, Scottsdale, Cambridge or Kirkland office.
What you'll get to do
- Lead your team of 4-6 engineers by providing both career mentorship and technical vision for the product. Your team should feel empowered to solve big problems autonomously.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting high-quality engineering.
- Collaborate with your team to build APIs and systems to help power our internal experimentation platforms.
- Contribute code yourself to our experimentation platforms and the interstitial systems that help them run.
- Work with your PM partner to regularly launch experiments and measure the customer impact of your work.
- Participate in development of pipelines for gathering and analyzing experiment data.
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your team's services.
- Engage with engineers & leaders across GoDaddy to solve business and customer problems (from group-wide to company-wide).
- Participate in recruiting activities, always growing the talent density and diversity of our teams.
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy.
- Ensure quality patterns and define, publish, and follow metrics to ensure product quality.
Your experience should include
- 2-5 years of experience managing a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers that delivers scalable systems.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping backend systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access layers.
- Experience in operationalizing data science platforms. This could be through, for example, building data pipelines or building A/B testing platforms.
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and mentor engineers to do the same.
You might also have
- Experience with infrastructure technology, like AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CICD platforms such as Jenkins, Travis or CircleCI.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.