GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
The Application Services team provides critical processes, services and applications that operate at global scale, serving highly dynamic content to global markets in multiple languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry leading page performance. The team develops the platforms and systems for core GoDaddy services and applications and provides core libraries, runtimes and onboarding to the platforms and clouds that GoDaddy runs on.
We are looking for passionate developers who love to dive in to technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. We treasure curiosity, communication, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend standard methodologies and patterns. Are you the kind of person who sees when something isn’t right, then compelled to make it better before you replace it? If so, we want to talk to you!
You will work in our Scottsdale, Tempe or Kirkland office. However, we may be open to this role being fully remote.
What you'll get to do...
- Design, implement, and test the various applications that comprise our cloud platform
- Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs and tools
- Collaboratively design and document next generation systems
You apply expert-level knowledge of computer science principles and web development standard methodologies every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development standard methodologies and can mentor new developers. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology and know how to direct Scrum ceremonies. You can develop novel new software libraries and features from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team.
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Experience with the Elastic stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Sensu
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Comfortable with Git
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
You might also have... AWS and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as apache, nginx, and runtime frameworks such as Spring, WSGI
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.