GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Kirkland, Washington, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domains team is looking for a senior software engineer to join us in building and improving the Domain Investing experience at GoDaddy. As a software development engineer, you will work in a scrum team assisting with user stories for a full stack, customer-facing product team responsible for GoDaddy's aftermarket domain services. We are seeking to scale out our services globally and make them as mobile responsive as possible. We value strong software engineers with REST API experience and a dedicated customer focus. Our Software Engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. This is a full stack role, but we are flexible on what front end technologies you have the most experience with. Come shine on our small, high-impact team of dedicated Engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest secondary marketplace for domain investors and small business owners.
- Contribute to the full development stack from the UI to the persistence model
- Writing highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud-ready applications
- Solving end-to-end problems
- Testing code (e.g. writing functional and unit tests)
- Adopting Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services
- Ability to be hands on with AWS infrastructure
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, information system or related discipline
- 5 years of industry experience in a Software Engineering role and building large scale distributed applications
- Strong experience in a programming language in Java, C#, or Golang, etc
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, micro services, and cloud computing
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- Strong communication skills are required
You might also have...
- Experience in text processing on web content
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in an Agile development environment
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.