GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
The Domain Registrar and Investors (DRI) data team is looking for a Data Engineer to join us in building and improving data infrastructure for the Domain Registrar and Investors Org. DRI data team is responsible for building and maintaining data analytics infrastructure for the DRI org. This includes infrastructure for search log, machine learning flows, registry zone files processing flows, Aftermarket Business Intelligence pipelines among others. As a DRI data engineer, you will play a key role in building scalable and fault tolerant pipeline infrastructure in AWS and improve the analytics, modeling, machine-learning flows.
Your manager is in Santa Clara, CA, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in USA/Canada.
What you'll get to do:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle
- Work with the latest open source technologies that allow you to analyze and process data at scale.
- Be self-driven, understand the data we have and its scale, and provide data solutions to all of our challenges.
- Be well-versed in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Support data applications, ad-hoc analysis, both SQL and nonSQL databases, and BI systems.
- Develop APIs and write code to transform and enrich data in both batch and streaming scenarios.
- Analyze datasets and date-driven modeling.
Your experience should include:
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, information system or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of industry experience in software engineering with some experience in a Data Engineering role and building large scale data platform
- Strong experience in a programming language in Java and Python etc.
- Experience in Hadoop related technology such as Pig, Hive, Spark, and other Big data technologies or equivalent cloud technologies
You might also have...
- Knowledge of SQL database or other distributed data stores
- Data analytics and machine-learning experience
- Experience in cloud technology
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.