GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Austin TX or remote. The team and manager located in Austin
We are a team of software engineers working in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas, dedicated to building world-class systems that enable small business owners to be seen, look great, and connect with their customers online. Our “Do-It-For-You” suite of tools allow GoDaddy professionals to create and manage fully-custom websites, digital marketing presence, email marketing campaigns, and more, so owners can focus on what they know best - selling their products and services.
What you'll get to do...
- Collaborate with a diverse background of engineering, product, and operations team members to deliver the best solution for our customers.
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps Local Businesses the way we do!
- Spend about 60% of your project time on front end code, and 40% on back end code.
- Participate in the decision making progress – we want you to speak up!
- Mentor your team members to share your passion for software, your appreciation for engineering and your respect for the craft of software development
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher quality, faster, and more scalable.
Your experience should include...
- Knowledge of current trends and methodologies in front end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Experience in responsive web design and development.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and Java, Node, Python, or other modern language. REACT knowledge is required.
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Unselfish, team-first attitude. We organize into 4-7 person teams, and we celebrate successes and learn from failures together.
- Demonstrate our core values in your work, every day
Here is what we use:
- AWS - RDS, S3, SQS, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.