GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Our team is looking for a colleague to help us tackle various requirements from our customers. The Support Analyst - Website Security job family at GoDaddy chips in a key role in providing support to our website security customers. We perform different aspects of the incident response life-cycle, which may include the following but not limited to:
This position will be remote. You can work from home near any GoDaddy location globally.
What you'll get to do
- Detection & Analysis: Verification of outdated software, plugins and other components that could compromise the site/environment, securing mixed http content.
- Containment, Eradication & Recovery: Cleanup of back doors, malware, SPAM, and other bad actors located on our customer’s website (filesystem/database). Configure sites to be behind HTTPS and Firewall. We also test the site’s availability and integrity after the process to assess uptime and site functionality post Firewall set up.
- Post-Incident Activity: Providing recommendations on how to prevent such issues in the future (password change, removal of local & old backups from the local environment, update software and others).
- Configuration and proficiency of DNS set up to set up and maintain Website Application Firewall.
Your experience should include
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general.
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel.
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers.
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS’s.
- You will bring a deep background of how DNS, FTP/SFTP, web, firewalls, CDNs and the Internet work.
- Strong communications skills, ticket-focused customer support with aptitude for providing excellent service.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
We’ve got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.