GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
This position is within the Domains Engineering org, which is the core to the company. We develop cloud-native API systems that perform at high throughput, and respond in sub-millisecond latencies, leveraging Kubernetes, Docker, Go, REST and AWS.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who has a keen understanding of building reliable software solutions at scale to be part of a team that is building new capabilities from the ground up. You will have an active role in developing and building software that drives the world’s largest domain name registrar and web hosting provider. This role will be core to building and maintaining applications for a highly successful part of our domains organization. You will have a direct and visible impact on the lives of millions of small business owners around the world!
You will be working from our office in Iasi, Romania. Your team is also based in Iasi and the US and your manager is based in the UK.
What you’ll get to do...
- Design and drive the implementation of the tech stack for the backend platform team with an emphasis on performance, high quality, real-time monitoring, and scalability
- Write great code, innovate, and deliver scalable systems using open-source and cloud based solutions fronted with resilient REST interfaces
- Understand all components of the stack in detail to build an end-to-end user experience that is sure to delight users of the platform
- Build extensive monitoring and remediation infrastructure to validate and maintain uptime of services and ensure performance
- Participate in design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with multiple engineering and operations teams across the company to engineer cutting-edge solutions that allow GoDaddy to answer challenging questions across multiple platforms
Your experiences should include...
- University degree in Computer Science or relevant technical field
- Experience with programming languages such as Go, C#, Java, Node.JS or Python (3-4 years preferred).
- Experience with Linux operating systems preferred
- Experience with Jenkins preferred
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Passion to develop high-quality and extraordinary solutions to complex distributed-computing problems
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques for near real-time use cases
- Knowledge of relational databases (RDMS) and document based databases (DynamoDB) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, quick learner
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.