GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Join team Recomm; GoDaddy's ecommerce platform owning acquisition brands such as 123 Reg, Host Europe, Domain Factory, and TSOHost. This platform is owned, in house, and our dedicated engineers and been enhancing its features, services, and desires over the last year. Operated and architected using microservices to achieve goals such as event sourcing, notification, message buses, direct API requests.
The next exciting stage for the platform is around how we make it a truly 1st class experience for our customers (end users and developers) we are constantly seeking and exploring new ways to increase performance and service excellence.
The role can be based remotely across the UK or Romania. GoDaddy fosters a healthy work life balance environment and regular team collaborations are via Zoom to keep everyone connected.
What you'll get to do...
Collaborate with other lead engineers and development teams to establish grounded pipelines and build out vital CI/CD infrastructure, development systems, platform automation, monitoring and alerting systems. Pioneering new ways of working by staying ahead of the latest technologies to meet the constantly evolving fast paced PAAS. Ensure the overall platform is healthy and available at all times.
Your experience should include...
- Three years in an established DevOps role
- Two years Kubernetes, and five years SysAdmin experience
- Solid understanding of Python and or Go and Shell scripting, i.e bash
- Virtualisation technologies i.e. VMware vSphere and or OpenStack
- Knowledge of CentOS or RedHat 6 & 7, or Ubuntu Server 17 and upwards with a solid understanding of SELinux
- Experience in complex networking setups and writing and debugging SQL
- Strong working knowledge of one of the following reverse proxies: Nginx, Apache
- Network backed storage; such as Gluster and or Ceph
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code; such as Puppet, Chef and or Ansible and able to build pipelines in Jenkins or similar
- Proven record in quality throughout the CI/CD chain by using industry standard methodologies
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed, personable, calm and adaptable whilst working under pressure
- Ability to convey key information to stakeholders and steer and guide junior members of the team
- Strong analytical and methodical mindset
You might also have...
- AWS experience building scalable applications across multiple regions
- Cloud based provisioning tool exposure - Terraform or Sceptre
- Deploying and maintaining OpenShift clusters and in provisioning bare metal hosts
We’ve got your back…
- Working in an industry leading and forward-thinking company
- Competitive salary based upon skills and experience
- Opportunities for growth and movement in an international company with
- Global presence
- 25 days holidays per year + statutory bank holidays
- Company pension & Life assurance
- Great office environment
- Free fresh fruit available daily
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.