We are seeking a Director of Product Management to join our team. Your area of ownership and focus will change over time as the product organization grows and evolves but we are currently seeking a Director to spearhead our continued advancement into a new market segment.
What your team does:
Clio’s mission is to ‘transform the legal experience for all.’ If you’re into ‘mission-driven’ product management this might be the place for you! Our market opportunity is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model, Silicon Valley based investors and advisors, and a product management team which is global and world-class (if we do say so ourselves)! Clio is growing rapidly with massive growth opportunities for Product Managers.
Speaking of Product at Clio… we’ve worked hard to develop an excellent product management culture with empowered PMs who are highly regarded and influential within the organization. Our team is composed of seasoned professionals from a diverse set of product backgrounds. Clio invests heavily in developing Product Managers and growing leaders in the broader Product communities in which we operate.
We pride ourselves on being ‘human and high performing’ and creating a workplace where you can be challenged, supported and bring your whole self to work.
Growth at the rate that Clio is experiencing means that change and evolution is constant so we’re looking for people that thrive in a fast paced, rapidly shifting environment.
A day in the life might look like:
- As a Director of Product Management, you will lead a team of product managers and will be responsible for our success within a specific market segment. You will drive product strategy for this, supported by your design and development leadership counterparts (your triad) to achieve successful outcomes for the business.
- Cross functional alignment and buy-in will be necessary for your initiative to be realized so stakeholder management and communication, up (to the VP and C-Level and Board) and out (sales, customer success, support etc.) will be a regular part of your day.
Strategy and Prioritization
- As the product management leader of one of our top company initiatives, you are expected to align your team’s focus and priorities with Clio’s annual OKRs and long term mission and contribute strongly to the creation of those OKRs.
- In addition, you are also expected to build mechanisms, habits, and rituals within your team to help product managers make data-driven product decisions, tradeoffs and grow their craft.
Market and Customer Understanding
- We believe that the success of our customers comes first. Therefore, as a Director of Product Management, you are expected to be THE expert on customer pain points for your product portfolio, as well as have a deep understanding of the markets in which we operate.
- In addition, you are also expected to build a culture of customer obsession within your team. This means that even at the Director level you will have regular proactive and reactive contact with customers.
- You are a thought leader and have experience defining a vision and long-term strategy.
- You are skilled at bringing your product team as well as cross functional teams along with you, motivating them to challenge and ultimately support.
- You can take an ambiguous problem space, quickly understand the issues and circumstances at play and create a concrete and actionable plan for your team
- You have a track record of successfully delivering short, medium, and long-term initiatives.
- You can reset narratives and naturally manage up, out and around. You have experience working with senior leaders, and are able to easily navigate communications with the executive team.
- You’re fastidious about closing loops and doing what you say you will do when you say you will do it. Previous employers have relied on you and you’ve developed a reputation for getting things done.
- You have a track record of building and growing a high-performing team of engaged product managers.
- You have had your fair share of failures and learnings under your belt.
Where your team works:
This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec and most US states.
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.