We are currently seeking an Operational Accountant to join our Finance team in Burnaby. Candidates have the option to work remotely or in-office or a combination of both.
What your team does:
Our Finance team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most high performing teams in the world. That means we work hard, play for keeps, and dedicate ourselves to making sure #TeamMoney thrives as we scale. You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
Who you are:
We’re expanding quickly and are seeking an Operational Accountant to support our accounts receivable and accounts payable functions. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. We reward people who work hard, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about Accounting & Finance and want to make an impact.
You’re a critical thinker that’s self-motivated and highly organized. You’ve mastered self-management and obsess over getting better everyday. Independent or working along with others, you know how to get things done and on time.
What you’ll work on:
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox and provide support on accounts payable matters, scan invoices and statements, and all supporting documentation as necessary;
- Support the invoice approval process by coordinating with various departments and leadership to ensure all invoices are properly approved;
- Code invoices and employee expense reports to correct GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage the creation and maintenance of accurate vendor records;
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments regarding discrepancies or issues;
- Prepare weekly payment runs, which includes: cheque, wire, EFT, ACH, SEPA and BACs payments;
- Prepare and analyze aged A/P listing, including determining and executing specific actions to address high risk or aged items;
- Monitor credit card transactions and expense reports, ensuring appropriate relation to business activity;
- Perform semi-monthly credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the Company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and proper documentation of all charges incurred;
- Perform reconciliations of accounts payable balances, investigate variances, and prepare journal entry adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor the accounts receivable inbox and provide support by reviewing emails and communicating with customer requests in a timely manner;
- Prepare revenue invoices and deposits for customers based on sales order process;
- Investigate and resolve billing queries with the Accounts Management team for any billing issues that may arise;
- Prepare and analyze aged A/R listing, including determining and executing specific actions to address high risk or aged items;
- Perform reconciliations of accounts receivable balances, investigate variances, and prepare journal entry adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare audit working papers and liaise with external auditors;
- Prepare data-driven reports and implement new processes and procedures to support the Company's growth;
- Manage electronic accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other ad-hoc corporate documents;
- Test and adhere to the Company's internal financial and operational controls and policies;
- Liaise with external contacts when issues or concerns arise;
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects.
What you may have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 2-3 years of experience as an Operations Accountant or AR/AP Clerk;
- Draw energy from self-managing and taking initiative;
- Ridiculous attention to detail;
- The ability to wow people with your written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethic, energetic, and a positive attitude;
- Special tricks and techniques for multitasking effectively; and,
- Started or are considering enrolling in the CPA program.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience working with NetSuite; and,
- Technology (SaaS) experience;
- Experience working in a startup, hyper-growth or public accounting environment;
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines;
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.