We are currently seeking a Staff Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative data solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact.
What your team does:
Our data engineering team is driven to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. As a Data Engineer at Clio, you will build data pipelines and data warehouses from scratch, as well as make data sets accessible to our partner teams by writing great production code. We move quickly, work with new state of the art technologies, and are motivated by solving complex problems.
A day in the life might look like:
- Deliver data pipelines, architectures and data sets through in-depth knowledge of modeling and design of DB schemas for read and write performance
- Implement data ingestion techniques (real time and batch) using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools
- Design, build, develop, and maintain data transformation pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into specific Data Lakes / Data Warehouses
- Collaborate with the Data Science and Engineering team to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Develop prototype or "proof of concept" implementations of projects where the technical solution is unknown or unproven
What you may have:
- An experienced data engineer who also has experience with fundamental software development concepts
- Proficient in at least one major language (e.g. Python, Scala, Ruby) and SQL
- Able to write elegant and maintainable code, and feel comfortable picking up new technologies
- Experienced with cloud data analytics services (AWS is preferred)
- Experienced building data pipelines and the infrastructure required to deploy data models and dashboards that allow data visualization
- An exceptional collaborator and communicator, able to find clarity in ambiguous environments
- An advocate for the data trustworthiness and product excellence of the data platforms you build
- A self-starter and can drive projects with minimum supervision
- A mentor for junior developers invested in their growth
Nice to have:
- Experience with streaming and batch big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience working with dbt and Snowflake
- Advanced data warehousing experience working with Redshift or similar
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.